Experiencing a blank screen when you put on your laptop? no need to panic
Dealing with a blank screen can be somewhat frustrating and annoying especially when the deadline for the submission of your project is very near.
I have experienced this before. I was to begin work at around 9 am in the morning, but when I switched on my laptop, a blank screen was staring at me. I switched it off and then on but to no avail. I got angry and almost threw the laptop away.
Some of the reason why so many laptops experience blank or black screens is as a result of connection problems with your monitor or screen or there is an issue with display adapter driver update. Another reason might be as a result of the issues with recent system updates or installations.
How to fix a blank screen in Windows 10
1. Check your monitor’s connection:
Make sure you check the connection between your PC and your monitor, and your monitor’s power cable. If your monitor does not display a standby light, the problem could be with the power cable or the monitor.
2. Force your display to wake up: Use your keyboard to hit your Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B which will forcibly wake up your display.
3. Boot into safe mode to troubleshoot the black screen issue: Immediately you fire up your PC, hold down your Shift key and click the power button at the button right of your screen, then click on restart.
In case you do not see anything because your screen is already black, press the power button and reboot your laptop again. Make sure you do this three-time and you will force the Windows 10 automatic repair function or follow these simple steps:
1. Click the advanced start menu, and the hit Troubleshoot
2. Click Advanced options
3. Head into Startup Settings
4. Click the Restart button
5. On the startup settings, hit 5 or F5 to enter a safe mode with Networking.