Joining an existing workspace in the messaging app, Slack is quite easy and it can help you connect to your co-workers while working remotely
For you to join the existing slack workspace, you must have received an invite (email invitation) from the owner of the workspace to join. Sometimes, some workplace allows only those who have a domain to join, but you can authenticate your account using your organization’s single sign-on program (like G Suite or Okta).
Few Steps To Take If You Receive An Email To Join:
- The first thing to do is to click “Join Now” in the email.
- Enter a new username and password.
- Then click “Create Account”
Few Step To Take To Join An Existing Workspace:
- First, go to “slack.com/get-started”
- Then click “My team is on Slack”
- Enter your email address and click “confirm”.
- Then go the email Slack sent you and click the “Confirm Email Address” button.
- Once that is done, you will see a page showing you the workspace you are part of. Under “Join another workspace,” find the workspace you’re looking for and click “Join” next to it.
- Enter your username and password and then click “Create Account.”
- After joining, you will be taken to a welcome page, which gives you the option to send a message. Type in a message and click “Send” to move on to the main page. The welcome page also allows you to add a profile photo, set up notifications, download the desktop app, and connect Slack to Google Drive.
That is it people, you can follow this step for future purpose, that is if your workspace happens to have a Slack account and you want to join.