When it comes to our laptops, we cannot escape the problem of overheating. It has now become a trend and a lot of people are always complaining
In trying to make their products smaller, Laptop manufacturers make the parts smaller such as the motherboard, hard drive. They also have to place all these parts closer to each other.
Parts such as microprocessor, motherboard and hard drive all produce heat. The closer they are to each other, the more concentrated the heat is. In other to avoid this, follow these few steps:
How To Keep Your PCs From Overheating (For iOS)
- Do not put your laptop on anything like a cushion when it is switched on. This could obstruct the airflow vents, and this could cause the computer to overheat.
- Putting anything over your keyboard when it is operating in the closed-lid more will cause the computer to repeatedly turn on and off. This will definitely drain your battery.
- Shutting down your computer overnight lets it cool off. If you use it at irregular intervals during the day, set it into standby mode when not in use.
- Always make sure your laptop is always switched off when it is in a bag.
- Always clean the air vents. This is because dust accumulated on the vent blocks them and prevents them from working efficiently.
How To Keep Your PCs From Overheating (For Normal PCs)
- check and Clean The Fans. Whenever you feel your laptop getting hot, place your hand just next to the fan vents.
- Elevate Your Laptop: This can be solved by elevating your computer and putting a small book under the machine.
- Use A Lap Desk: A lap desk helps in maintaining constant airflow, keeping your laptop cool.
- Controlling Fan Speeds: Constant airflow within your laptop prevents your fans from running at full speeds. To control fan speeds, install programs such as SpeedFan for Windows.
- Avoid Using Intense Processes: Overheating in your laptop may be as a result of intense processes.
- Keep Your Laptop Out Of The Heat: Keeping your laptop out of heat helps with overheating. Therefore keep your laptop in the shade whenever temperatures are high.