Want to know how to replace your iPhone SE screen, then read through
Learning how to replace your iPhone SE screen can be very confusing because this part comes with the front assembly, earpiece speaker, and EMI shield already installed which makes it easier to repair. All you need to do is to remove the old screen and transfer the home button to the new screen in order for the Touch ID to function.
While removing the old screen, make sure you do it gently so that you do not end up damaging the home button cable.
How to replace your iPhone SE screen
- Remove the pentalobe screws: Before doing this, make sure to discharge your iPhone battery below 25%. If not, it can explode (a charged lithium-ion battery can explode if punctured). Then power it off.
2. Tap the display glass: If your display glass is cracked, keep the breakage within a reasonable limit to prevent further damage. Placing a clear tape over the iPhone display until it is covered. This will keep the glass pieces from splashing in your face. Make sure you wear glasses to protect your eyes.
3. Display separation prevention
With the tool as seen above, pull the display out of the body. If the glass begins to separate from the plastic, as shown in the first image, slide a plastic opening tool between the plastic frame and the metal phone body to pry the metal clips out of the case.
4. Press a suction cup on the screen just a little above the home button and make sure it tight.
5. Hold the iPhone down with one hand, pull up on the suction cup to slightly separate the home button end of the front panel from the rare case.
6. Pull the plastic nub to release the vacuum seal on the suction cup. Remove the suction cup from the screen.