Smartwatch shipment shoots up by 48 percent in Q1 of 2019

0

It is not all that rosy within the tech space at the just-concluded Q1 2019, however, smartwatch shipment has managed to take a bump in its Year-over-Year (YoY) shipment

If you are familiar with the tech space, you would probably be aware that a lot of brands with the exception of a few others are going through poor deliveries as well as non-profitable YoY revenue. Well, that’s is what they have to deal with while some other brands are recording great marginalization on there YoY revenue stream. The Smartwatch division is one of the few that has managed to make a difference in this quarter, taking as much as 48% bump compared to what they recorded in the first quarter of 2018.

Note that, the increment is not of a single company, rather it of every brand in general- Apple, Samsung, imoo, Fitbit, Huawei, Fossil among several others all have a major role to play in the progress report. As expected, the Cupertino-based tech giant, Apple, takes a lead in the most shipped wearables. Yes! Apple may be struggling with its mobile sales, but not with its smartwatch, recording a total of 35.8% which is 0.3% greater than that of 2018 Q1 (35.5%). Although not a very much difference, they were able to keep their pace intact.

Samsung takes the runner-up position with a 3.9% increase from last year 7.2%, making a total of 11.1% for this year. With this, they were able to record the most increment alongside Huawei.

Senior Analyst Sujeong Lim, speaking on Samsung’s performance, said its success was due to the latest Galaxy watch series that came with a traditional round clockface and better battery life. The Galaxy also provides LTE connectivity, giving it a leg-up on some other devices targeting Android users.

Others came right after with Fitbit coming fourth on the list with 3.9%, and Huawei coming almost right after with no increase at all behind AMAZFIT. Huawei also got some traction with its Huawei Watch GT thanks to striking design and affordability. Counterpoint said Huawei is also leveraging its growing brand mindshare which is presumably more favorable in other parts of the world than it is in the US.

Other brands analysis can be seen below as illustrated with a bar-chart.

 

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of