After about eight months when an initial non-refundable deposit of $50 million to acquire 9mobile was made, Teleology Holdings has finally gained approval from the board of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to take over the affairs of the telecommunication company.
In the wake of this move, the company immediately appointed a new board of directors to manage the affairs of the company following the termination of the interim board which was helping shepherd the affairs of the telecommunication company while negotiations lasted. The appointed board members include;
- Nasiru Ado Bayero (Chairman)
- Asega Aliga (Non-Executive Director)
- Adrian Wood (Non-Executive Director)
- Mohammed Edewor (Non-Executive Director)
- Winston Ndubueze Udeh (Non-Executive Director)
- Abdulrahman Ado (Executive Director)
- Stephane Beuvelet (Acting Managing Director)
Following the issuance of final approval without no objection by the NCC, this means that the board has approved the technical abilities of Teleology Holdings and has also accepted the technical and financial bids submitted to the board by the company.
With the emergence of this board, the long process for the acquisition of 9mobile has reached a definitive end marking the beginning of a new era for the telecommunication company.